Monday, November 30, 2015

Archie Pelago - Off-Peak OST

Rarely do I stumble on a full concept album that I actually enjoy. Being a person that someone would consider a "singles" person, I have to say that coming across the soundtrack to this online game took my breath away. Its surreal beauty makes me feel like I'm dreaming...only I'm wide awake. But you wouldn't know that while you're listening to this music.

All I've uncovered so far is that this group, Archie Pelago, is a trio of musicians based in Brooklyn. One of the members is also a game designer, who put out a first-person perspective game to accompany this awe-inspiring soundtrack I've come across. It's called Off-Peak, for any of those interested in downloading and playing it for yourselves, and I have PewDiePie to thank for stumbling on it and piquing my interest.

As I said before, one of the main draws of the music is that it makes me feel like I'm stumbling through a dream world, quite often how my dreams work when I'm actually sleeping. It's surreal. It's otherworldly. It makes you feel like anything can happen when you close your eyes and spin this music on high volume through your earbuds, Beats or any other headphones of choice. The songs are immaculately mixed, with a wide variety of instruments, both physical and computer-generated, that compliment each other in glorious aural harmony. The otherworldly violins, basses and saxophones really pull me in, personally.

Seriously. Close your eyes and relive some weird dream that you remember having one night as you slept. This stuff will be the perfect accompanying soundtrack.

Take a trip over to the band's Soundcloud and experience the album for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment