Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Wayne-gate Scandal

For my first post on my new blog, I'm going to address the furor going on amongst the youth community, especially the die-hard fanboys, about the casting choice of Ben Affleck in the role of Batman in the upcoming Batman-Superman movie. I've officially dubbed the "scandal" Wayne-gate.

Currently, my opinion is this: give ol' Ben a chance. I, personally, am quite shocked and, overall, tired at how this has somehow been made a big deal of. As far as Ben's acting track record goes, he hasn't disappointed yet. He's still riding high on the success of Argo; which, mind you, he wrote, directed and acted in the lead role. So, when it comes to diversity and multiple creativity in the entertainment industry, Ben can do what few have done (like Warren Beatty and Orson Welles, to name a couple.) I'm sure, as any committed actor would do, Ben will do his absolute best in bringing this Batman reincarnation to life on the screen.

I've seen The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, I believe that role was one of Christian Bale's absolute finest, he brought a human side to Batman and, also, a darker side. This movie series (including Batman Begins) provided a much-needed revamp for the Batman franchise, due to all the sub-par adaptations previously made. But Christian Bale isn't Batman in this new movie; that's a reality we're all going to have to accept and move on from.

So whether Affleck rises or falls as the new Batman remains to be seen when the movie comes out, but I think this whole uproar on the Internet is ridiculous. I like Ben and greatly respect his achievements in Hollywood. The only way we can judge whether he fits the role is to see the movie. So hold your tongues until then.

These are my final words to the die-hard haters who are so against Affleck's casting choice: do you honestly think your comments are going to make Ben drop the role? This article and this article beg to differ, my overly-obsessed friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment